ParentLink Kinship Navigator Program
Kinship caregivers provide a critical safety net for children who must leave their parents’ home. Kinship caregivers may be grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, or family friends who take in children and care for them when the children’s biological parents cannot.
Whether you’re a grandparent, other relative, or loved one caring for another’s child, we are so happy you’re visiting our site! Please know that you’re not alone and we understand the obstacles AND opportunities for your family. ParentLink’s Kinship Navigator Program is here for kinship caregivers in both informal and formal placements across the state of Missouri! Our program provides quality information, connection to services, and problem-solving support to meet your needs and the needs of the children in your care.
ParentLink Kinship Navigators
- Connect caregivers to informational and community resources.
- Provide assistance in obtaining benefits and services, including completing paperwork, finding transportation, securing basic needs, finding mental health resources, and accessing developmental screenings for young children.
ParentLink Kinship Navigators are available in the following counties:
ParentLink Kinship Support Groups
ParentLink offers two virtual Support Groups:
- Weekly Informational Meeting Thursdays 10:00-11:00am
- Monthly Peer Support Meeting Second Wednesday each month 5:30-6:30pm
ParentLink connects families to thousands of resources across Missouri! We understand the unique needs of kinship families and are ready to help kinship caregivers learn about and access programs and services to meet the needs of the children they are raising, and their own needs.
Kinship caregivers and providers can also check out free materials from our ParentLink loan library.Learn More
ParentLink has free and confidential phonelines staffed by Master’s level Family Support Specialists who help kinship caregivers:
- Define their present needs and the needs of children in their care.
- Develop a plan of action to mitigate or eliminate their identified needs.
- Learn about information and resources to address their needs.
Contact our Kin-4-Kid Line: 1-833-KIN-4-KID (1-833-546-4543)
Contact our WarmLine: 1-800-552-8522 or 573-882-7323
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a Text at 585-326-4591
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Weekends: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Facebook Page and Group
Get Social! Keep up to date on events, access information and materials, and connect with other caregivers and ParentLink Staff to discuss topics of interest on Facebook!
Follow Us: Learn about statewide and community announcements, events, and resources on our MU Kinship Foster and Caregivers Facebook Page.
Join our public MU Kinship Foster and Caregiver Community Facebook group.
Missouri Kinship Navigator Steering Committee
The Missouri Kinship Navigator Steering Committee is comprised of professionals from various family serving agencies throughout the state of Missouri. The Committee is organized for the purpose of supporting Kinship Caregivers and providing statewide leadership to this population.
ParentLink’s programming for Kinship Caregivers is funded by Missouri Department of Social Services, Children’s Division, Early Childhood and Prevention Services and Missouri Department of Social Services, Children’s Division, Kinship Navigator Program.