PARENTLINK IS STILL HERE, providing assistance to obtaining parenting information and supports for daily living, home management, family well-being, especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
ParentLink is proud to offer parenting information and support to all Missourians. We serve families and professionals across the state. Our mission is to effectively engage families in reducing adverse childhood experiences and to promote optimal development. Our efforts are research-based and the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) study is one significant publication with information underlying our mission statement. For more information on the ACEs study by the CDC, visit their website.
ParentLink is here to serve you:
- Our WarmLine (for all families: 1-800-552-8522) and Kinship Navigator Line (for kinship caregiving: 1-833-KIN-4-KID) are open 8am to 10pm Monday through Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Locally-based Navigators (Navigators for kinship caregiving and Navigators for all families) are serving clients in both Central MO and the Bootheel.
- TEL-LINK (for Maternal and Child Health resources) is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Virtual Kinship Support Groups now being offered!
ParentLink, in partnership with University of Missouri Extension and the New Madrid County Family Resource Center, is now offering a weekly Virtual Support Group for Kinship Caregivers across the state of Missouri. The hour long meetings include a brief presentation on a timely topic, sharing of resources for kinship families, and support from trusted professionals.
When: Virtual Kinship Support groups are held on Thursday mornings from 10am to 11am.
Where/How: Online, through Zoom. See the flyer for more information on the this month’s meetings.
Parenting a Second Time Around (PASTA), continued
- Oct. 1st: Rebuilding a Family
- Oct. 8th: Discipline is not a Dirty Word, But it May Look Different Today
- Oct. 15th: Legal Concerns of Relatives Raising Children
- Oct. 22nd: Standing Up for Grandparents/ Grandchildren’s RIghts
- Oct. 29th: Grandparents and Teens Living Together
- Nov. 5th: Living with Teens Can Be Challenging
More information about PASTA: PASTA is a parenting program designed for grandparents and relatives who are parenting again. PASTA provides grandparents and other kinship caregivers with information, skills, and resources designed to enhance their ability to provide effective care for the young relatives they are parenting. PASTA includes topics such as child development, discipline and guidance, caring for oneself as a caregiver, rebuilding a family, living with teens, legal issues, and advocacy.
See the flyer for more information on the October meetings.
The ParentLink Kinship Navigator program provides quality kinship caregiving information, as well as outreach activities and support group services, to support Missouri’s families and communities. The program assists caregivers in learning about, finding and using programs and services to meet the needs of the children they are raising, and their own needs. The program promotes effective partnerships among public and private agencies to ensure kinship caregiver families are served.
Kinship Navigators serve relative/kinship caregivers, grandparents, and foster parents. This includes children being cared for by kin in foster care or legal guardianship arrangements, children at risk of entering foster care being cared for by kin, and children being cared for by kin outside of the child welfare system.
ParentLink Kinship Navigator Phone Line:
ParentLink is now offering Child Development Screenings!
Because a child’s first years of life are so important, ParentLink wants to help provide the best start for children. As part of this service, ParentLink provides the Ages & Stages Questionnaires to see where children are at with developmental milestones, provide resources, and/or referrals, if needed.
Our WarmLine is a call center and is staffed with parenting experts that are available to answer any parenting question you may have!
- Call: 1-800-552-8522 / Local 573-882-7323
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 585-FAMILY1 (585-326-4591)
- Submit your questions in our online form
- Find us on Facebook
Our call center is available Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 12 pm-5 pm.
ParentLink is the state affiliate of the Help Me Grow National Center. This enhances our mission to engage families to reduce adverse childhood experiences and to promote optimal childhood development. Now that we’re the state affiliate for Help Me Grow we can strengthen our referral system serving children with delays.
What is Help Me Grow?
Help Me Grow is a FREE, evidence-based information line (WarmLine) connecting families to community resources and child development information. Help Me Grow Missouri is a service provided by ParentLink. The services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Referrals to cross-sector resources, such as intervention agencies, behavioral issues, family programs, etc.
- Problem-solving support and answers to parenting questions
- Informational resources that are research based
- Personalized care coordination to support families as they connect to resources to answer their specific needs