Welcome to the Department of Special Education!
We strive to prepare leaders in education to assist children, youth and adults with disabilities to be academically and socially successful lifelong learners.
Why our program:
- Our faculty are consistently recognized — internationally and across the U.S. — for their individual and collaborative teaching and research excellence.
- Special Education is ranked #15 for best online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Our unique mix of faculty expertise creates a wide range of opportunities for students and researchers.
- Our graduates become classroom teachers, administrators, professors, consultants and researchers, and they are among the most sought-after both within Missouri and nationwide.
- Through our multi-disciplinary perspective, our graduates are prepared to excel within their fields and effectively collaborate with others.
- Special Education is home to several state and federally supported training, demonstration and research projects, including the following centers that focus on facilitating positive developmental outcomes for children and youth with disabilities: