Welcome to Spring Semester 2022

Dear Colleagues,

I’m very excited to kick off the Spring 2022 semester and my first semester as Interim Dean. It’s a tremendous honor to be in this role, and I hope you are as excited as I am to get started.

I’ve been asked what my goals as Interim Dean are, and the truth is, my goals are simple. I want everyone to know the fantastic work that is done here, as well as the amazing outcomes from that work. Here are the three items I consider this college’s strengths.

We are the best at preparing professionals. It can be measured it in a number of different ways, but the bottom line is that there is nowhere in the state better at preparing students to be future teachers, counselors, librarians, leaders and so much more. This work is critically important for the future and for our society, and we should all be proud that the best and brightest students come here to learn and begin their important careers.

Our research is world class. From the faculty just getting started, to mid-career and to senior faculty, our faculty are addressing key issues that affect everyone. The research from our newest department in Human Development & Family Science will significantly add to the breadth of our scope and impact moving forward.

Engagement & Outreach units make a difference. Our outreach units span from local to international, and they do an excellent job of supporting the land grant mission of the university. The outreach units are a real benefit to the communities that they serve.

We have so much to be proud of and so much more to do. As we move into this semester, I know that everyone will be doing their best to continue our long track record of success.