May Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award Winner – Drew Harter

Posted in: Congrats | People | Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award

The Professional Staff Council would like to congratulate the May Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award recipient: Drew Harter! Drew is a System Support Analyst for the College.

Drew Harter Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award screenshot

Rose Metro’s nomination

Drew is so helpful with all my technological problems, of which I have many! Actually, everyone in LAPS is awesome. I recently purchased a new laptop with their help, and Drew helped me set it up. I have probably had a new question every day this week. Drew is always quick to respond to emails or phone calls. As I’m teaching online, it’s absolutely essential that my technology is functioning well, and so I have really been appreciating Drew and all the LAPS staff over the past year. They have put up with so much, helping all of us get acclimated to new technologies! Most of the stuff they do, I probably wouldn’t understand, but I am very grateful that they are doing it. This “behind the scenes” work allows the COE to excel! Thank you, Drew, and all our LAPs colleagues!

Kim Nuetzmann’s nomination

Drew is incredibly helpful in providing technology support. He is always responsive and answers questions with patience and ease. His technology expertise is an asset to the College and his willingness to provide ongoing support is invaluable. I had a series of issues with my laptop this year, and Drew answered my questions, provided a computer to use while mine was being fixed, and was tenacious about finding the cause of ongoing issues. His support was so helpful, particularly while most of the work was virtual. Having a reliable laptop was critical, and Drew always ensured that I had access and support. Thank you, Drew, for your incredible hard work and ongoing assistance! You are awesome!

Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award, University of Missouri College of Education

Established by former Interim Dean Rose Porter, the Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award celebrates the dedication, resolve, leadership, and overall excellence of individuals making significant contributions to the MU College of Education. Rose Porter has always been a strong advocate for staff, noting that “they keep the place running.” Jill Williams-Graham (M ED 1990) and her husband Dr. Steven Graham, Sr. Associate Vice-President, UM System, joined Dr. Rose Porter and her husband Dr. Michael Porter, recognizing the immense impacts staff have in the running of the college. 

View previous recipients Nominate a staff member