November Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award Winner – Lee Fent

Posted in: Congrats | People | Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award

The Professional Staff Council would like to congratulate the November Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award recipient: Lee Fent! Lee is a Database Programmer Analyst for Mizzou Academy.

Lee Fent Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award Presentation, University of Missouri College of Education, Mizzou Academy

Tamara Regan’s nomination

Lee’s experience and skill set are invaluable to me and my teams; from reporting to automation to security, Lee is essential for the day-to-day running of our multi-national, K-12 school with thousands of students, hundreds of partners, and customized educational solution options. Lee can understand my non-techy requests and provide amazing options & results. And then he goes above and beyond by taking the time to explain it to me in ways I can comprehend. No matter what crazy Excel calculations or formulas I send him as examples, he can decipher and create better. No matter how many times I bug him, he’s always right there, willing to jump in and help – no matter how full his plate already is. I am honored to work with Lee on a daily basis, learning from him at every turn!

Chevi White’s nomination

As a fiscal/HR team member I am always working with large reports in Excel or exports from other systems. These tasks can be cumbersome and when I go to Lee with a request to make a report more useful he ALWAYS delivers. We work together to discover best practices and improve upon current procedures. Lee is always willing to help anyone in any department. He goes above and beyond to help make things easier for his colleagues. Furthermore, his suggestions for improvement are thought provoking and beneficial. I do not know what we would do without his support.

Jean Zenner’s nomination

My nomination for the Porter Graham award is Lee Fent. When Lee first started, I was doubtful that he would quickly grasp all the nuances of needs and expectations. The first month, he streamlined a major function for me, and has been instrumental in keeping our database clean. Integrating at least 6 different systems is not an easy task, but Lee has taken the reigns and shown his abilities are more than up for the task. He is able to comprehend better solutions to our needs including a new dashboard that will permit the incoming information to be more complete and more accurate. His expertise and quick handle of the needs allows us to be more efficient and effective in our various roles. He is an exceptional asset to our department and I hope he will be honored with this award.

Lisa Bax’s nomination

I work with Lee on a daily basis and as I reflect on our working relationship, he never ceases to embody the criteria for this award. I can always rely on Lee for troubleshooting complex problems and thinking outside of the box. He does this in a collegial manner, often under the duress of heavy workloads. Much of Lee’s impact is unseen and unmeasurable by the organization, but from my vantage point, he is an integral part of our IT operations and has a profound impact on our internal efficiencies. Lastly, with all of these contributions to the organization, he never ceases to get a laugh from those around him. We all appreciate his humor. It is an honor to work with such a team player like Lee.

Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award, University of Missouri College of Education

Established by former Interim Dean Rose Porter, the Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award celebrates the dedication, resolve, leadership, and overall excellence of individuals making significant contributions to the MU College of Education. Rose Porter has always been a strong advocate for staff, noting that “they keep the place running.” Jill Williams-Graham (M ED 1990) and her husband Dr. Steven Graham, Sr. Associate Vice-President, UM System, joined Dr. Rose Porter and her husband Dr. Michael Porter, recognizing the immense impacts staff have in the running of the college. 

View previous recipients Nominate a staff member