I am an intern at the Heart of Missouri United Way here in Columbia and I have been working on an Equity Challenge. This is a free educational piece that people can sign up for to learn more about the inequities in our society, especially those in education, health, housing and in workplaces. With your commitment to fight for racial equity at MU, we are reaching out to invite the College of Education to join the Equity Challenge and promote it within your network of faculty and students. Here is more information below:
Join Heart of Missouri United Way for the Equity Challenge, launched July 8, but the sign up remains open. The goal of the Equity Challenge is to educate the community on the racial disparities in our society and provide the tools to transition from being an ally to becoming a leader in the fight for equity.
WHAT: Equity Challenge
WHERE: Virtual, email platform
WHEN: Launched Wednesday, July 8 (rolling sign up)
- During this seven-week challenge we examine areas in society where racial disparities exist, such as in the education system, the healthcare system and the workplace.
- Each email contains data, resources, reflection questions and action steps to help educate ourselves and work toward equity in our community.
- We encourage coworkers, friends and families to work through these challenges together to start the conversation and advance equity in all areas of life.
- The Equity Challenge Activity Guide provides a space to track your personal progress and record reflections throughout the journey.
- Sign up for the Equity Challenge on the Heart of Missouri United Way website and commit to utilizing the resources and taking action.
- The Equity Challenge is made possible by your participation, Inclusive Impact Institute and Heart of Missouri United Way.
We hope you will join us for this exciting opportunity to create change within our community!
Please let me know if you have any questions at all or if you are interested.