As we return to campus, we will be implementing plans to keep our Mizzou Ed family safe. Below are the initial plans. Please familiarize yourself with the information below and the overall campus plans at the Show Me Renewal website. Packets with face coverings, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and face shields (for instructors) will be delivered at a later date.
Mizzou Education buildings reopened on August 3 at 7 a.m. The building hours are:
August 3 – August 23
Monday – Friday: 7 AM – 6 PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
August 24 – end of semester
Monday – Thursday: 6 AM – 10 PM
Friday: 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Faculty/Staff Return to Campus
Work with your supervisor to discuss work arrangements. If you prefer to work from home, have a medical condition that prevents you from returning to campus, or live with someone who is high-risk, please seek approval from your supervisor. If you have any concerns that are not approved through your supervisor, we encourage you to reach out to campus Human Resources at 573-882-7976 or through email@example.com. A new Telecommuting Agreement must be completed for those not 100% returning to campus.
- If you have a medical condition that prevents you from returning to campus, or live with someone who is high-risk, please work with your department chair to discuss alternative options. A new Telecommuting Agreement must be completed for those not 100% returning to campus.
- Face shields/face coverings must be worn, and you must maintain a 6 feet distance.
- Please review the Show Me Renewal website for additional information.
Please follow the campus guidelines for the safety of everyone in the Mizzou Education buildings. Students who are not following campus guidelines can be reported here.
- Stay 6 feet apart.
- You are required to wear your face covering when on campus in most situations when near others. You do not need to wear face covering when alone in a private work space or while outdoors when maintaining 6 feet or more physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19.
- The lobby area will be staggered to maintain social distancing. You will see signs that indicate where seating is allowed.
- The faculty/staff break rooms in Townsend and Hill are capped at 1 person at a time.
- Classrooms and conference areas in Townsend and Hill Halls have been officially set for the 6 foot distancing requirement and have designated “Please Sit Here” spots. Do not move any tables or chairs.
- All drinking fountains will be turned off in Townsend and Hill Halls. You must bring your own water.
- Maintain social distancing in restrooms and wash your hands thoroughly afterward.
- Use the stairs when possible. Elevators allow for only 1 rider.
- In-person events/group meetings are discouraged. Please use Zoom and Teams for meetings. If you must meet in person, please remain 6 feet apart. If your event involves visitors or guest presenters, they must conform to guidelines listed on the Show Me Renewal website.
- Partitions in staff spaces will be placed where interactions take place. If for some reason you do not have one and would like to request one, reach out to Dr. John Lannin and include a departmental MOCode.
- If your workstation is in an open area, you must keep a 6-foot distance from others. This may require working on a rotating schedule. Please work with your supervisor to adjust your schedule.
- In your personal office, no more than one other person is allowed in your office and everyone must maintain proper social distancing.
- Each day, you should clean and disinfect your personal workspace, technology, and common touchpoints.
- If you plan to offer food for any reason, everything must be pre-packaged, no sharing of utensils and served in disposable containers.
- Food delivery transactions must occur outside the building as food delivery personnel are not permitted in the building.
- If eating on campus or in the building, please maintain social distancing.