As we all welcome to Mizzou and our college new and returning students, faculty and professional staff, we felt it would be a good time to share with you some resources that may aid in supporting a more welcoming environment for all.
- The University’s Inclusive Excellence Framework
- Mizzou’s Principles of Community (We suggest including them in your community building exercises within the first few weeks of class)
- Educational sessions offered by the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity at Mizzou
- Subscribe to The Bridge Newsletter to stay informed of events in our college
- Teaching Across Cultural Strengths: A guide to balancing integrated and individuated cultural frameworks in college teaching, a book by Alicia Fedelina Chávez and Susan Diana Longerbeam (Excerpt)
- “Want to reach all your students? Here’s how to make your teaching more inclusive” (Article)
- MU is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. https://www.facultydiversity.org/support
- For those interested in Cultural Intelligence (CQ), the Center for Cultural Intelligence and Purdue University offer a free MOOC and an opportunity for certification at a discounted rate. If there is a group of Mizzou Ed faculty who want to pursue this training, we can create a cohort to support and enhance our learning and personal development. Let us know.
We look forward to working with you to support a climate of growth and belonging in our college and university. Please reach out to us with your ideas or concerns. Click here for the most current membership list.
On behalf of your Diversity Committee,