Math Improvement Consultants provide support to districts with a focus on fluency and rigor to increase student engagement and performance.
Increased student engagement leads to increased student performance. The consultants provide free on-site professional development opportunities for districts and educators, and can be customized for any grade level.
Professional Learning Sessions are also offered in Columbia for a fee. Half day sessions are $25 per person. Full day sessions are $50 per person.
- DESE Documents (Priority Standards, Item Specifications, Performance Level Descriptors, etc.);
- Data Review of Item Analysis Reports (IARs) for Grade Level and End of Course Assessments.
- The 8 Mathematical Practices
- Number Talks K-5 and Math Talks 6-12
- Math Fluency K-12
- Fluency in Ratios and Proportions 6-12
- Building Thinking Classrooms
- The 5 Practices for Orchestrating Mathematical Discussions
- Rich Tasks K-12
To view or register for a single day workshop, click here.
To request on-site Professional Development or schedule an appointment with one of our consultants, click here.
Join our math network where we share researched based techniques, strategies, and routines as well as upcoming training opportunities.
To view additional support for documents and opportunities, visit the Mathematics page on Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s website.