Dr. Sherry Denney is the Lead Teacher for the middle school language arts courses, and our high school health and physical education programs. In addition, she is our Assistant Lead Teacher for the Mizzou Global Scholars program at Mizzou Academy. She has been in the field of education for over thirty years, the majority of the time in St. Louis, Missouri (U.S.A.). She received her bachelor’s degree from Drury University (Springfield, Missouri), and her master’s from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. Her doctorate is in Educational Leadership from Saint Louis University. On a personal level, she enjoys reading, walking, drawing, and spending time with family.
Dr. Denney believes that this is a wonderous time of growth for Mizzou Academy, and she is inspired by the future direction of our programming. She is especially excited to bring the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations in focus for the courses that she leads. She hopes to embed action-oriented information within the curriculum to reinforce these goals and help ensure a better world for everyone.
Above all, Dr. Denney loves the creativity and energy of her students. Her passion is making connections with our scholars and the international partners that are part of the Mizzou Academy program.
Degrees and Certifications:
- French (B.A), Art (B.A.), Education (B.A.)
- Secondary School Counseling (M.Ed.)
- Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Counselor (7-12), Principal (9-12), Superintendent (K-12)
- School Psychological Examiner (K-12)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (K-12)
- French (K-12)
- Language Arts (5-9)
- Physical Education (K-12)
- Online Instructor (COI)
- DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion)
Areas of Expertise
- Student support and feedback
- Global outreach and interpersonal connections
- Strategies for health and wellness
- Team building and leadership skills