- Science, Health, P.E. Division Chair
Megan Lilien is the Health and Science Division Chair for Mizzou Academy. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Illinois and a master’s degree in Teaching and Learning from Point Loma University. Ms. Lilien is currently working on her doctorate in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Missouri. She lives in Columbia with her husband and three daughters. Before coming to Mizzou, she worked as a high school biology and chemistry teacher in San Diego, California, and coached varsity girls’ lacrosse. Her favorite part of working with Mizzou Academy is the innovative and unique experiences she has working with students and teachers locally and internationally.
Ms. Lilien leads all of our high school and middle school courses in science, health, and physical education. She currently is working on writing Earth Science and new Physical Education courses. In the future, she looks forward to creating new science electives and extracurricular activities. In her spare time, she enjoys being outdoors, crafting, and relaxing with her family.
Degrees and Certifications:
- B.S. Teaching of Biology
- M.A. Teaching in Learning
- AVID Certification
- Positive Coaching Alliance Certification
- Missouri Career Teaching Certificates: Health (K-12), Physical Education (K-12), Biology and Chemistry (9-12)
- Cross-cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) Certificate
Areas of Expertise
- Curriculum development
- Visual design
- Expanding STEM education
- Increasing access to girls sports