306 Clark Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Lisa Bax is a Technology Resource Coordinator for Mizzou Academy. She started her career as a Computer Information Support Specialist at the Missouri Supreme Court and enjoyed working with each department, troubleshooting the day-to-day issues and migration to new systems for staff and the Supreme Court Justices. While working for the Court, she began her studies towards an MBA with an emphasis in Computer Management. She enjoyed web development and data analysis, extracting data to help make informed decisions for the department. During a course in her MBA studies, she realized how much she enjoyed the course development process and the conversion to online learning.
She began her career at Mizzou Academy in educational technology as an Instructional Developer before transitioning to Technology Resource Coordinator. She is passionate about helping to create opportunities for those no matter where they are in life, to design and deliver course material to students in the most engaging way possible.
Degrees and Certificates
- B.A. Computer Information Systems
- M.B.A. with emphasis in Computer Management
- Decision Support Systems Certificate
Areas of Expertise
- Learning Management Systems Experience—Moodle, D2L, Blackboard, Canvas
- Design, test, implementation, and management of the Canvas LMS environment for Mizzou Academy
- Create and align user permissions in Canvas
- Collaborate with team members to design and implement the most effective development solutions
- Perform data analytics on various data in the Canvas environment
- Web development
- QA of course curriculum