ParentLink Outreach Assistant (Communications Assistant Senior)
Part-Time, temporary position (through September 29th, 2020), located in Southeast Missouri.
ParentLink, in MU’s College of Education, is hiring a part-time Outreach Assistant to coordinate the promotion of the ParentLink Navigator Project in Ripley and Butler Counties. Excellent communication skills, ability to work as a team, attention to detail, and organizational skills are a must. Experience and basic knowledge of promotions/marketing and online and social media promotions is preferred. Duties may include:
- Online public education through ParentLink’s website and other social media outlets
- Writing articles and submitting to local media outlets in both counties
- Placing postcards and posters in local business, medical clinics, organizations, churches, grocery stores
- Meeting with local physicians, home visitors, child care centers, and others serving pregnant women and primary caregivers of children birth through kindergarten entry, to share about the project • Attending community meetings to increase awareness about project
- Reporting and documenting all activities
This is a part-time, temporary position, available through September 29, 2020. Pay range is $14 to $16 an hour.
Shift: 20 to 28 hours a week. Hours will occur M-F between 8am and 5pm. May need to work some evenings and weekends.
Minimum Qualifications: An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 6 months of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Education, Social Work, Child and Family Development, or other related area. Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.