University of Missouri Pre-Employment Transition Service (Pre-ETS) is an outreach program of the College of Education and Human Development. Specialists offer no-cost pre-employment transition services to Missouri high school students with disabilities, ages 16-21 (or as young as 14 if the need for Pre-ETS is documented in the student’s IEP or 504. Pre-ETS are designed to have a positive impact for students with disabilities at an earlier age, leading to better coordination, enhanced communication, and stronger collaboration through the high school transition process, and resulting in increased successful post-school outcomes. Contact MU Pre-ETS for a specialist in your area.
Examples of lessons and activities:
Missouri Pre-ETS Resources
Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are available to Missouri high school students with disabilities who are potentially eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation services. To access services, students and families may download and complete the University of Missouri Pre-Employment Transition Services Consent and Release of Information form:English Pre-ETS form Spanish Pre-ETS form
- The document must be completed and signed by the student (if age 18 and their own guardian) or the parent/guardian.
- The document must also be signed by school personnel verifying the student has an Individualized Education Program (IEP), 504 Plan, or known disability. Student may be asked to provide verification of disability if no IEP is on file.
- If the student is age 14-15, a statement must be included in the IEP that Pre-ETS are deemed appropriate for the student.
- The University of Missouri Pre-Employment Transition Services Consent and Release of Information form may be emailed to email@example.com or to the Pre-ETS Specialist assigned to the student’s high school (see the Find a contact for your region section).
- Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation must review the application and approve the student for services prior to service delivery.
Your MU Pre-ETS Specialist or your high school may be able to assist in the facilitation of the process outlined above. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.