Mizzou Academy offers excellent online middle school courses aligned with state and national standards in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics.
- Standards-based online courses
- Engaging interactives, videos, activities, and content
- Assignments that build communication skills, critical thinking, and creativity
- Experienced instructor support
Mizzou Middle School is an asynchronous, self-paced program. We offer math, science, social studies and language arts at the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade levels. Students can think of Canvas (where their courses are housed) as a school building. In Canvas, they can find their classes, look at the modules for a general overview of what they will accomplish, and find all the information they need to meet their goals for each class (content, quizzes, assignments and projects, and exams).
Students work through Canvas at their own pace, supported by their families and other learning partners. Their class time consists of reading content, watching videos, participating in interactives, using the writing process, and completing both ungraded and graded assignments.
Mizzou Academy students are active learners who are growing in the skill of taking responsibility for their own learning by reading and listening to course content, taking advantage of practice activities, preparing work carefully before submission, and sharing ideas and questions with their teachers. Mizzou Academy instructors want to hear from students and families. We encourage families and students to reach out with questions and to share ideas.
|Grade 6||Grade 7
|Language Arts||Language Arts||Language Arts|
|Social Studies||Social Studies||Social Studies|
Enrollment, Tuition, and Discounts
- Tuition fees of $500 per course.
- Missouri students receive a 50% discount on every middle school course.
- Domestic students who register for all 4 subjects in the same grade level (6th, 7th, or 8th) receive a 50% discount.