Mizzou Academy offers many different solutions to meet a diversity of student needs.
Depending on the student’s educational goals, the application process and requirements vary slightly. It is recommended that you review the entire process before you begin:
Students all over the world have chosen Mizzou Academy as the best choice to supplement with one or several convenient, flexible and quality classes. Perfect for:
- Credit acceleration – graduate sooner by taking more classes
- Curriculum expansion – more options than traditional school
- Credit recovery – make up credits towards a graduation plan
Mizzou Academy offers over 200 flexible or standard format courses, customizing learning for all, including athletes or working students. We offer core, elective and advanced placement and honors courses in an accredited curriculum, including courses that are NCAA eligible.
High School Diploma Program
The Standard and College-Prep High School Diploma programs offer students an individualized high school experience.
- Fully online, flexible environment to learn anytime, anywhere or working with local tutors and schools to provide a blended experience
- A diploma from an accredited high school within the University of Missouri’s high ranking College of Education
- Access to student support services, a library of academic resources, and an award-winning curriculum
- Students are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremony and join student organizations
To receive a Diploma from the University of Missouri High School, students must successfully complete the General Requirements below.
Because many students who enter the University of Missouri High School diploma program transfer credit from other schools, the courses below should be used as suggested schedules only. Students accepted into the diploma program will work with a University of Missouri High School counselor to develop their own course plan. Indication of successful achievement will appear on both the diploma and student transcripts.
To receive a Standard Path Diploma from the University of Missouri High School, students must successfully complete the General Requirements with a minimum of 3 Credits (6 Course Enrollments) with Mizzou Academy. To receive a College Path Diploma from the University of Missouri High School, students must successfully complete the General Requirements below, with a minimum of 5 Credits (10 Course Enrollments) with Mizzou Academy.
- Units of Credit are expressed in Carnegie Units.
- University of Missouri High School courses are equivalent to semester courses and equal to 0.5 Credits
- Practical Arts category includes courses in agriculture, business, family & consumer sciences, and industrial technology.
|SUBJECT||Standard High School Diploma Program||College-Prep High School Diploma Program|
|English / Language Arts||4 units||4 units (2+ Emphasis on composition or writing skills)|
|Math||3 units||4 units (Algebra 1 or higher)|
|Science||3 units||3 units (1+ laboratory course)|
|Social Studies||3 units||3 units|
|Fine Arts||1 unit||1 unit|
|Practical Arts||1 unit||1 unit|
|Physical Education||1 unit||1 unit|
|Health||0.5 units||0.5 units|
|World Languages||0||2 units*|
|Electives||7.5 units||5.5 units|
|Total Units Required||24 units||25 units|
|Tests Required for Diploma**||Missouri State Exam||Missouri State Exam|
|Mizzou Academy Requirements||3 units||5 units|
* As most colleges and universities require 2 units of the same World Language that is not the student’s native language to on the high school transcript, Mizzou Academy follows this standard when creating graduation plans for college‐bound students.
** The State of Missouri requires that students pass a Missouri State Exam in order to meet core competency skill requirements in history. Successful completion of U.S. Government will meet this state requirement.
Constitution Exams: The state of Missouri requires that you pass a test on the Missouri Constitution and the U.S. Constitution in order to meet core competency skill requirements in history. Successful completion of American Government or Civics will meet these state requirements. You must complete the lesson covering the Missouri Constitution even if you are not a resident of Missouri.
Middle School Courses
Mizzou Academy offers excellent online middle school courses aligned with state and national standards in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics. Learn more.Courses & Application