The science education program offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in an environment that values collaboration with scientists, science educators and school-based colleagues. Individuals are prepared for K-12 and college science teaching, research, and science teacher careers and leadership positions in science education.
At MU, your graduate program is planned individually and is based on your background, experience and professional goals. Doctoral students are typically fully funded through research and teaching assistantships.
Our teacher preparation and graduate education programs, our research, and our outreach to K-12 teachers and their students are all aimed at improving science teaching and learning in Missouri, the nation and the world.
Degrees with an emphasis in science education:
- Bachelor of science in education (BS Ed)
- Master of education (M Ed)
- This degree is also possible through the MPER Early Career Scholars Program.
- Education specialist (EdSp)
- Doctor of philosophy (PhD)