Mathematics education at Mizzou is comprehensive and includes undergraduate teacher certification programs at the middle and secondary levels; an online masters program for teachers; an online certification program for elementary mathematics specialists; and a doctoral program ranked #4 in the nation. Program faculty have a long and distinguished record of research, teaching, and leadership in mathematics education at the state, national, and international levels. View a list of the faculty’s current research and development projects.
Degrees with an emphasis in mathematics education:
- Bachelor of science in education (BS Ed)
- Master of education (M Ed)
- This degree is also possible through the MPER Early Career Scholars Program.
- Education specialist (EdSp)
- Doctor of philosophy (PhD) in Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum, with an emphasis in mathematics education.