The LIS Advisory Council is made up of practicing librarians from across Missouri and Nebraska. The purpose of the council is two-fold. First, they advise the LIS faculty regarding curriculum needs and library hiring trends, providing guidance and correction when necessary. Second, they serve as spokespersons for the LIS program in Missouri and Nebraska, helping others to understand the program and what its strengths are.
The Advisory Council currently has ten voting members, made up of representatives from school, public, and academic libraries. *The Missouri State Librarian serves as an ex-officio member.
- Denice Adkins (Associate Professor, SISLT)
- Marianne Amass (Librarian, Waynesville Middle School, Waynesville, MO)
- Laura England (Youth Services, Fremont, Nebraska). Laura is also our Nebraska Liaison and our practicum coordinator.
- Nadia Ghasedi (Associate University Librarian, Washington University)
- Sarah Howard (Manager of Youth Services, Daniel Boone Regional Library)
- Angela Knoerr (Academic Technology Liaison, MU School of Journalism)
- Bradley Kuykendall (Reference & Instruction Librarian, Lincoln University)
- Steven Potter (Library Director and CEO, Mid-Continent Public Library, Independence, MO)
- Michael Sweeney (State Historical Society of Missouri)
- Deb Ward (Director of Health Sciences Library, University of Missouri)
- Robin Westphal (Missouri State Librarian)