- ISLT 9411/9910 Design and Analysis of Research in ISLT: Required as one of your three doctoral seminars.
- Read and analyze a variety of research studies in our discipline in order to learn to propose and write your own research proposal.
Spring semesters — Rotation of the following Topics
- ISLT 9460 Human Computer Interaction Research and Analysis (Spring 2023)
- Human Centered Computer Interaction (HCCI) is a discipline concerned with the design, evaluation, and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use and with the study of major phenomena surrounding these systems. This course provides an introduction to the HCI field while focusing on the use and adaptation of existing HCCI theories and research to a range of interface design problems.
- ISLT 9411 Culture, Information, and Technology (Spring 2024)
- Our immersion in our own cultures makes it difficult to understand what other cultures need from education, information, or technology. This course will help students understand how knowledge is constructed culturally and how that affects information and technology, as well as how to approach education, culture, and technology from a perspective of diversity and inclusion.
- ISLT 9411 Human Information Behavior (Spring 2025)
- Among the important tasks of information professionals is a need to identify, analyze and model the users of information. In this course the students will be introduced to the theories and techniques of human information behavior that have emerged within the field of library and information science. The students will also learn about how the study of human information behavior relates to other fields, such as education, psychology, decision-making, and communications.