This is a Graduate Certificate with a Game and Simulation Design emphasis.
The Serious Games and Simulation Design (SGSD) graduate level certificate, offered by the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies, is a 16 credit-hour program that prepares students as practicing professionals to work in the fast growing educational (aka “serious”) games and simulation market. In this 100% online, hands-on certificate program, graduates will learn to:
- Apply a systematic, agile, team-based and flexible process for game and simulation design.
- Apply skills for prototyping game and/or simulation designs using appropriate software or game engines.
- Apply principles of visual design to the design of game and simulation assets.
- Become fluent in usage of serious gaming and simulation technology equipment.
assess and evaluate learning outcomes from employing game / simulation strategies using user experience and usability methods.
The curriculum consists of 16 graduate credit hours that may also be applied towards SISLT’s M.S. or Ed.Sp. programs in Learning Technologies and Design and its two emphasis areas: Online Education, and Technology in Schools.
The program requires 16 credit hours and includes course work in these categories:
- Required (13 credit hours) which includes a 2-credit Internship experience
- Approved Electives (3 credit hours)
See Certificate Advising Aid for program details.
See descriptions of all SISLT Courses.
Admission Materials and Criteria
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher (A=4.0) on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Resume summarizing education and relevant experience.
- A statement of purpose that demonstrates your goals align with our program.
- GRE scores are not required.
- TOEFL (80) or Duolingo (105) scores (if applicable)
How to Apply
- Prepare electronic versions of your resume and statement of purpose (what you hope your degree will do for you).
- Apply using our convenient online Graduate Application system. Be sure to upload your resume, and statement of purpose.
- Provide an official copy of your transcript from the college or university where you received your bachelor’s degree
- Official transcripts should be sent to Graduate Admissions, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
- International applicants will need to submit the equivalent of a TOEFL score of 80 or a Duolingo score of 105 (approved tests are listed on the Graduate School’s website).
ContactSISLT Student Services Office
Amy AdamProgram Manager IStudent Support Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Breanne MeyerStudent Support Specialist II email@example.com
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
- SISLT Course List
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Student Groups
- Conference Travel Support
- MS and EdSp in Learning Technologies Forms
- Other General Forms
- SISLT Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll free: 877-747-5868 Local: 573-882-4546