This is a Graduate Certificate with an Online Educator emphasis.
The Online Educator Graduate Certificate, offered by the School of Information Science & Learning Technologies, helps students develop the knowledge and skills in eLearning environments. Prepare for jobs in an expanding field where online education is used in schools, universities, industry, health care, museums, and other learning settings.
The curriculum consists of 12 graduate credit hours that may be transferred into SISLT’s M.S. or Ed.S programs in Learning Technologies and Design and its two emphasis areas: Online Education, Technology in Schools.
The required courses in the Online Educator Certificate program meet these AECT standards found at https://aect.org/.
- AECT Standard 1 (Content Knowledge): Candidates demonstrate the knowledge necessary to create, use, assess, and manage theoretical and practical applications of educational technologies and processes.
- AECT Standard 2 (Content Pedagogy): Candidates develop as reflective practitioners able to demonstrate effective implementation of educational technologies and processes based on contemporary content and pedagogy.
- AECT Standard 3 (Learning Environments): Candidates facilitate learning by creating, using, evaluating, and managing effective learning environments.
The program requires 12 credit hours and includes course work in these categories:
- Required (9 credit hours)
- Approved Electives (3 cr. hr.)
See Online Educator Certificate Advising Aid for program details.
See descriptions of all SISLT Courses.
Admission Materials and Criteria
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher (A=4.0) on the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Resume summarizing education and relevant experience.
- A statement of purpose that demonstrates your goals align with our program.
- GRE scores are not required.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable): at least 500 (paper-based) or 61 (Internet-based).
How to Apply
- Prepare electronic versions of your resume and statement of purpose (what you hope your degree will do for you).
- Apply using our convenient online Graduate Application system. Be sure to upload your resume, and statement of purpose.
- Provide an official copy of your transcript from the college or university where you received your bachelor’s degree and your TOEFL scores if English is not your first language.
- Official transcripts should be sent to Graduate Admissions, 210 Jesse Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
ContactSISLT Student Services Office
303 Townsend Hall
Columbia, MO 65211