Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC)
The Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) consists of a graduate student representative from each of the academic units in the College of Education & Human Development. The purpose is to advise the Associate Dean of Student Success & Academic Affairs (SS&AA) on issues pertaining to graduate education (i.e., all post-baccalaureate students). GSAC also serves as the selection committee for the College’s Outstanding Graduate Advisor/Mentor award.
Each unit is responsible for selecting their representative (e.g., election, volunteer), and letting the Associate Dean of SS&AA know who will serve for that academic year by September 1. The GSAC representative role typically requires 2-5 hours a month and may include the following:
- Attending monthly meetings via Zoom with the Associate Dean of SS&AA during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Dates and times are determined by the group’s availability each semester.
- Collecting feedback, input, and discussion items from students in their department/school to bring to the group.
- Collaborating to develop strategies to address the needs of graduate students in the College.
- Soliciting nominations for the Outstanding Graduate Advisor/Mentor award.
- Engaging in the award recipient selection process each Fall semester.
- ELPA: Jabarbara Jennings
- ESCP: Asha Wallace
- HDFS: Dawson Quinn
- LTC: Laura Obubo
- SISLT: Susan Dawson
- SPED: Heba Abdelnaby
- Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
- Educational School and Counseling Psychology
- Human Development and Family Science
- Learning Teaching and Curriculum
- School of Information Science and Learning Technology
- Special Education
- Online Education Degrees and Certifications
- University of Missouri’s Graduate School Home Page
Teaching, Research and Writing Assistance
- Teaching For Learning Center
- Dissertation and Thesis Guidelines
- CEHD Office of Research Support
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Social Science Statistics Center
- University Libraries
- The Online Writery
- External Funding for Graduate Students
- MU Student Financial Aid
- CEHD Graduate Financial Assistance – Scholarship Application and TEACH Grant Information
- CEHD Critical Need Fund Application
- MU Graduate School Graduate Awards and Travel Scholarships
- Graduate Professional Council (GPC) Travel Awards
Graduation & Commencement