The mission of the PK-12 Educational Leadership and Administration programs is to develop critical leaders and scholars who demonstrate excellence in leading educational institutions, analyzing educational policy and enacting social justice.
The M Ed and EdSp programs are primarily aimed at aspiring administrators who typically hold teaching or initial leadership positions in schools and who desire administrative certifications from the state. With grounding in both research and practice, graduates advance to such positions as assistant principal, principal, central office administrator, superintendent or other educational leadership positions in their districts or other educational organizations.
The PhD degree with an emphasis in educational administration develops students’ knowledge of leadership theories and practices, with an explicit focus on the ways in which leadership roles and administrative processes may be influenced by political ideologies, globalization and cultural diversity.
Degrees are in educational leadership and policy analysis with an emphasis in PK-12 educational leadership and administration, and include the following options:
- Master’s of Education (M Ed)
- Education Specialist (EdSp)
- Elementary Principal Certification
- Secondary Principal Certification
- Elementary & Secondary Principal Certification
- Superintendent Certification
- Elementary Principal & Superintendent Certification
- Secondary Principal & Superintendent Certification
- Elementary and Secondary Principal & Superintendent Certification
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Special Education Director
We also partner with the Department of Special Education to help students secure certification for the special education director position.