The Dorsey Leadership Academy is designed for underrepresented students in the College of Education to ensure their successful and timely completion of education degrees from the University of Missouri.
- To support students to successfully navigate their journey through the College of Education and experience at Mizzou.
- To engage students in the College of Education community in order for them to thrive as contributing active members.
- To support the development of effective educators who remain in the field of education for a sustained period of time.
- To develop distinguished teacher candidates with expertise and experience in education research, leadership, and multicultural competence.
- A supportive network of Mizzou Ed peers across phases and programs
- Mentorship from College of Education faculty and staff
- Collaboration with community partners
- Guidance to navigate new experiences
- Opportunities for academic enrichment