The MEd in science education helps transform you into a reflective and inquiring professional by:
- enhancing your knowledge and skills regarding science teaching and learning
- inquiring into and improving the practice of science education
- building leadership skills in science education
Visit our certification page to learn more about the certification process.
To receive a MEd in science education, you must complete 32 hours of courses, including at least nine hours of science education courses, and at least nine hours of science content courses.
Visit Mizzou’s course catalog for a sample plan of study.
You must meet two sets of minimum qualifications in order to be considered for admission:
A committee of faculty members reviews your application’s credentials. You are not guaranteed admission even if you meet the minimum qualifications.
How to Apply
- Unofficial transcript
- Personal Data Sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (international students only)