To be eligible for College of Education undergraduate scholarships, incoming and transfer students must apply, and returning students must reapply, for scholarships through the MU Annual Scholarship Application in myZou (Go to Self Service >Campus Finances >Annual Scholarship Application).
- Incoming freshmen: December 15, 2018 (before fall enrollment)
- Continuing students: February 1, 2018 (before fall enrollment)
- Transfer students: February, 1, 2018 (before fall enrollment)
Scholarships are awarded based on:
- academic achievement in high school or college
- financial need
- choice of program
- nationality or ethnicity
- county or state of residence
Some scholarships only require students to be enrolled in the college to be eligible. Some scholarships are renewable and may be awarded to the same students in succeeding years as long as the students maintain eligibility criteria (such as GPA) and submit a new scholarship application through myZou each year. If a College of Education scholarship recipient changes enrollment to another university or another college within MU, the scholarship will be rescinded.
Federal Student Aid
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based scholarships. MU’s priority deadline is February 1, 2019. Students can start applying starting October 1, 2018 using their 2017 tax returns. For complete information on financial aid, contact the MU Financial Aid Office.
Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant)
Undergraduate Student Eligibility
Eligible undergraduate majors in the College of Education that meet the high-need requirement include Special Education, Math Education, and Science Education. MU students in the College of Education must be admitted to Phase II in these program areas (typically Junior year) before they are eligible to apply for TEACH Grant funding at MU. For additional information on the TEACH Grant visit https://teach-ats.ed.gov.
Contact Jason Fenton, TEACH Grant Coordinator, for additional information or to begin the application process.
Carolyn A. Dorsey Scholarship
The Carolyn A. Dorsey Scholarship is an annual scholarship award of up to $8000, *renewable for an additional three years.
Eligibility Minimum Qualifications (in addition to automatic admission to University of Missouri):
- Education Major
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Missouri resident
- Enrollment at MU the first semester after high school graduation
- Members of a racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented in relation to the University’s goal to achieve educational benefits of a diverse student body.
- Completed the FAFSA, MU Annual Scholarship Application, and Dorsey Scholarship Application
*The scholarship(s) are renewable for an additional three (3) years if requirements are met.
Undergraduate recipients of the Carolyn A. Dorsey Scholarship are automatically members of the Dorsey Leadership Academy.
To apply for the Carolyn A. Dorsey Scholarship visit http://bit.ly/DorseyScholarsApplication.