Mizzou Ed Recognizes Award Recipients at 52nd Annual BanquetPosted in: News
The University of Missouri College of Education recognized 18 individuals and one organization at the College’s 52nd annual awards banquet on March 6, 2020. Dean Kathryn Chval presented the college’s highest honor, the Friends of the College Award, to Rose and Michael Porter.
Rose and Michael Porter have been a part of the Mizzou community since 1979, when Michael joined the Department of Communication faculty and Rose joined the Sinclair School of Nursing faculty. Rose earned her PhD from the College of Education in 1983, in Higher and Adult Education. She served as Interim Dean for the College for two years. Together, they have a combined 66 years of service to Mizzou.
The couple’s legacy of generosity and commitment to Mizzou lives on every month within the College of Education, with the recognition of a professional staff member and the presentation of the Porter Graham Staff Excellence Award. To date, 41 College of Education professional staff have received the award.
Read more about the Porters and their contributions to Mizzou.
Watch the College’s social media pages for detailed posts about each award winner later in the week.
2020 College of Education Award Recipients
- Outstanding College Teaching: Candace Kuby
- Graduate Advisor/Mentor of the Year: Sam Otten
- Faculty Diversity Award: Tony Castro
- Distinguished Professional Staff: Shawna Nichols
- Professional Staff Diversity Award: Emily Kebert
- Undergraduate Student Diversity Award: Kasey Smith
- Undergraduate Student Leader of the Year: Jessica Bock
- Undergraduate Student Leader of the Year: Destiny Gee
- Graduate Student Diversity Award: Jessica Kamuru
- Graduate Student Leader of the Year: Colleen Spurlock
- Graduate Student Instructor of the Year: Monica Kleekamp
- Graduate Student Scholar of the Year: Erica Mason
- Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity: Sarah Diem
- Outstanding Engagement & Outreach – Internal: Ashley Woodson
- Outstanding Engagement & Outreach – External: DESE MO VR
- Alumni Outstanding Early Career: Ashley Fenwick
- Alumni Professional Achievement: Stephanie Scott
- Alumni Lifetime Achievement: Lou Ann Tanner-Jones
- Friends of the College: Rose & Michael Porter