Video games and applications that transform learning:
- Games for Learning
- Virtual Reality Experiences
- Interactive Simulations
- Innovative Learning Environments
The School of Information Sciences & Learning Technologies is pleased to announce that Adroit Studios is officially open for business.
Led by Co-Directors Joe Griffin and Justin Sigoloff, Adroit Studios is the culmination of experience creating innovative learning experiences, such as Mission HydroSci and iSocial, as well as research into how games can be crafted to encourage positive learning outcomes. Together the team at Adroit Studios has almost 15 years of experience creating custom learning environments.
Adroit Studios leverages game design, instructional design and game development into custom learning experiences for clients. Products can come in many shapes and forms, from fully realized games to training simulations and interactive learning activities.
The development process is completely collaborative and follows a guideline:
- Work with partners to identify and secure funding.
- Help identify goals and objectives.
- Utilizing experience and expertise in game design, translate goals into game design and gameplay mechanics.
- Lead the art and code development from conception to implementation and distribution.
- Conduct frequent user-testing to validate the design decisions and test the implementation.
- The Adroit Analytics team has an extensive logging system which is used to update teacher dashboards in real-time, as well as to conduct extensive machine learning analysis.
Mission HydroSci, a game-based virtual learning environment that brings innovative game design to middle school science education. Students are engaged with a challenging set of activities while learning about water systems and building
the capacity for scientific argumentation.
While Mission HydroSci initially focuses on the study of hydrology and water systems, the core structures and principles can be a model for bringing countless STEM topics to life for students.
Adroit Studios is currently seeking collaborations of all shapes and sizes
Do you want to transform student experiences with an out of the box approach? Or would your project or research be enhanced by an interactive media solution or simulation?