Mission, Purpose and Membership
Enhance the College of Education’s tradition by developing and maintaining lifelong relationships and by encouraging active alumni participation in shaping the College today and in the future.
The Organization is an affiliate of the University of Missouri Alumni Association, an independent, not-for-profit educational corporation. The purpose of the Organization is to provide services to its alumni constituency and to the University. Services and activities may be educational, developmental, or social and may encourage both fellowship and constructive contributions to the University. This Organization is organized in order to encourage alumni to support the College of Education and the University and to participate in building a greater University.
This Organization shall organize the interests, abilities, and efforts of the College of Education alumni for the good of the College of Education and the professions it serves; and to provide the mechanics of individual and group service by these alumni to the University of Missouri. Alumni Programs shall be carried out by the volunteer efforts of alumni in a manner consistent with University of Missouri policies and procedures as the University has established through its Alumni Relations Office.
Efforts shall be made to:
- broaden the awareness and support of the College of Education by public funds and through University policy and procedures;
- encourage active membership among College of Education alumni;
- encourage and increase participation in the gifts program of the University of Missouri;
- encourage and effect liaison among all ancillary educational groups and programs associated with the College of Education;
- develop interest in and support of programs among College of Education alumni through meetings and other activities;
- create and develop a higher degree of prestige and recognition of purposes of the professions served by the College of Education;
- and assist the University Alumni Records Office in increasing quality of alumni records.