Assistance is available from the University for undergraduate and graduate students.
There are many opportunities for students to stay employed both on campus and off campus. The MU Campus Career Center offers assistance in identifying work opportunities. In addition, graduate students can apply to MU’s travel funding programs for conference presentations and dissertation research travel.
Visit MU's Office for Financial Success for free resources on personal financing, budgeting and credit/debt management.
The Graduate School offers graduate students assistantships and fellowships. Fee waivers are also available through the Tuition Wavier Program. Fee waiver eligibility is limited to three years for master’s students and five years for doctoral students. The waiver applies only to courses applicable and relevant to the student's degree program or those courses that have been approved by the student's adviser. For more information, read about assistantship listings.
For more information about funding your graduate education at the University of Missouri-Columbia, a guide called Funding Your Graduate Education Handbook is available for download
On-line Resources for Graduate Research Funding:
- American Association of University Women Dissertation Fellowships
- American Psychological Association, Science Directorate Dissertation Research Award
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR) Dissertation Fellowship Program
- Educational Testing Service Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation Senior Fellowships
- National Institute of Mental Health National Research Service Awards for Individual Predoctoral Fellows
- National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants (DDIGs) in the Directorate for Biological Sciences
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Grants for Improving Doctoral Dissertation Research – Human Cognition and Perception
- National Science Foundation Grants for Improving Doctoral Dissertation Research – Sociology
- National Science Foundation Small Grants for Training and Research Societal Dimensions of Engineering, Science, and Technology program
- Pi Lambda Theta Graduate Student Scholar Award
- Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI) Clara Mayo Grants
- US Fulbright Program Graduate Student Program