for Undergraduate Cross Categorical Special Education Program
All students in the College of Education apply to Progress into Phase II of the Teacher Development Program (TDP). Students interested in Special Education simultaneously apply for Selective Admission into the Special Education Program.
A brief overview of Selective Admission follows. Detailed information is given to each student at the time she/he applies for Progression into Phase II.
- Apply for Progression into Phase II of the Teacher Development Program (TDP) in the spring prior to Phase II.
- Complete the necessary forms and provide written answers to the questions provided.
- Participate in an interview with faculty.
The faculty review of selective admission candidates includes:
- Performance on the Teacher Development Program criteria for entering Phase II.
- Performance in TDP courses with an emphasis on performance in the field.
- Performance in Special Education courses.
- Content and quality of writing.
- Preparation, maturity, and professionalism displayed during the interview
- Space available in preparation courses.